Thank God… That’s a phrase I don’t use flippantly and in this case I mean it quite literally. Thank God… It seems (too early to know for sure yet) that our president-elect indeed was just blowing smoke to make the far left and the media elect him. My worst fear was that he would actually do what he promised… thank God he’s just another lying politician!
- He’s about half way through making his appointments. Change… an economic team of supply-siders. Whew..
- He’s already backing off of his grand plans to punish the successful. Hopefully that means he’s listening to newly appointed Christina Romer, his Chairwoman of the Council of Economic Advisors.
- He clarified that he may not create 2.5 million jobs, he will “save or create” 2.5 million jobs. How do you quantify how many jobs you have saved?… Well I hope he “saves” mine. I’m not much for digging ditches and building roads (jobs which he intends to create).
- He’s keeping Gates (the current Secretary of Defense), bringing back Jones (an appointee of Condoleezza Rice) and Holder (an appointee of Ronald Reagan).
- Even his selection for Secretary of State is being hailed by Rush Limbaugh
We’re not out of the woods, but maybe I can breath a little bit… we’ll see.